Tuesday, October 6, 2009

No Bake Cookies

Tasty Tuesday



My family adores these cookies, especially when we are in the mood for some chocolate, when we don't have enough time to bake cookies, we make No Bake Cookies!



Ingredients:
2 C white sugar
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 C margarine
1/2 C milk
1 pinch salt
3 C quick cooking oats
1/2 C peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:
In a saucepan bring sugar, cocoa, margarine, milk, and salt to a rapid boil for 1 minute.
Add quick cooking oats, peanut butter, and vanilla; mix well.
Working quickly, drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper, and let cool.

1 comment:

  1. Oh. my. gosh! This is like my favorite cookie! My Aunt Mary used to make them for us as kids. At the time, I thought she was the only one who knew that recipe. Over the years I've realized that other people make these delicious cookies, too. :D

    ReplyDelete